Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Car Magnet X 2

January 21, 2016
    Today was pretty relaxing.  This morning I got up and studied for and hour and then cleaned the house for an hour before my companion woke up.  We went early to Jumbo (the for store) to buy our groceries and I bought some really good stuff.  The best thing I got were jalapeños and tabasco habanero sauce.  The thing is that Chilean food isn’t actually very spicy and lately I have been missing the spiciness of “Mexican” food. It was really expensive for the missionary budget, but totally worth it.
Miracle #530: Even though it is P-day, the sister who we live next door to, still fed us lunch.
    After lunch we took a short nap.  I don’t like naps generally speaking because I feel unproductive, but we both felt like taking one.  We really didn’t do anything special today, but it was funny being in Jumbo an seeing tons of gringo stuff.  Today  realized that I ned to concentrate on helping my companion do the things that he doesn’t like to do, like contacting.  He really doesn’t like to contact, in fact so much so that today when given the choice, he just decided to go around and try to visit with members.  I felt that we shouldn’t, but I wanted him to learn for himself.  Turned out that not one of the people he wanted to visit was home. 
January 22, 2016
    Today was a good day.  We had divisions with the zone leaders and I went to their sector.  Going to another sector is like a little vacation while still trying to be the best missionary that you can be. I had a challenge today eating healthy.  There was so much food given to us today!  By the end of the day, I felt crappy, but it was tasty.  The interesting part of the day was visiting with 2 families who I knew from my previous visit to this sector.  My new zone leader is Elder Johnson and he is a super funny guy.
Miracle #531: As we talked in thee evening, we started to share our conversion story.  It really helped me to realize how much progress I have made on my mission towards true conversion.
    The funny part of the day was when we went to the zone leader’s future investigator’s house and one of them just started screaming at us.  As we quickly rode away we said, “Jesus loves you!”  The other funny part of the day was when a car almost ran over me.  This idiot driver just started backing up without looking and almost hit me. I had a good time today despite the near miss.  It gives me renewed energy to go back into my sector and work hard.  The only tip my zone leader give me was to work hard!
January 23, 2016
    Today was rough for me.  W switched back this morning fairly early, but didn’t get the best study time in. After finishing our studies we wen to the chapel to do some stuff on the computer that should have taken about 20 minutes.  We where there for an hour because my companion wanted to download some stuff.  I got frustrated by the case of time, so when we finally left to start our contacting, I was irritable. It is really hard to contact without the spirit.
Miracle #532: V. is doing better in the hospital.  Initially she was given a 40% chance of surviving.  But she is now recovering and so the doctors say that they will pull her out of the coma that she is in. 
    The funny part of the day was fixing my companies bike, again. When he ran over a pothole on his second day in the mission field, the rim actually cut into the tire and split it open.  Yesterday that little split opened up enough for the tube to pop out.  We were resigned to buying a new tire (for the 3rd time) but I cm cup with the idea that I could put a patch on the inside of the tire.  It worked!  The reason that it was funny was that for the first time, I didn’t get ticked at having to fix another bike.  I just joked around and got the job done. 
January 24, 2016
    It was an interesting day for me.  I did not have too much fun because I decided to fast to help me to feel more enthusiasm of the work.  We also have some investigators who need some extra help.  Anyways, I am never in the best of moods when I am fasting, but by the end of church, my fast and prayers had been answered and I felt much better about everything.  The day of work today was pretty decent except for lunch which was also the funny part of the day.
Miracle #533: With the R. family, we had a fiasco in the lesson where the family was offended by the person that we brought with us from the ward.  Somehow I managed to save the situation and in the end, everyone was fine.
    The funny part of the day was when we got to lunch 45 minutes late and the people had just started to prepare the dessert.  I didn’t care enough to want to stay, but it was my companions turn to lead so we stayed.  He didn’t realize how long the dessert would take. We ended up being in their house for almost 2 hours and still didn’t get any dessert.  The other funny part of the day was our HORRID gospel principles class. During the entire class, the teacher was really hostile with me.  Like I am talking pure hatred.  Oh well.
January 25, 2016
    UGH! We had to stay in the house all day today because my companion had an upset stomach.  I finished all my exercise and  studies so I decided to do some little service projects around the house.  I ironed all of my companions shirts, polished his shoes, and made some bread.  We also talked quite a bit.  By the end of the day, he felt better.  In my experience, I have found that you feel better faster when you just push through the small stuff and keep working.
Miracle #534: My companion is better and I found something to keep me busy all day long.
    The funny part of the day was watching the required three hours of “The District” assigned for this week.  My companion hates it almost as much as I do.  The other funny part of the da was in the lunch with the sisters in our ward.  We planned our trip for going to the temple with them.  We typically try to go in the 9:00 session which means that we have to get up around 6:00.  Well the sisters didn’t want to get up early on their p-day so they made us change our appointment to the 10:00 session.  This will make our p-day really short.
January 26, 2016
    Today was decent. this morning we had a zone conference where President gave some messages that he gave in the beginning of my mission.  I am not a huge fan of the large conferences anymore.  I prefer personal teaching and counseling.  After the super long conference, we had a lesson with S. in which she told us that she would not be going to church anymore.  My companion was visibly disappointed, but I felt a quiet reassurance that everything would be fine.  We had a really spiritual lesson where we taught about what is required of a true disciple of Christ.
Miracle #535: M., a member of our ward, invited us to his birthday party.  We are the first elders in years who he considers friends. 
    The funny part of the day was probably when a car ran into me.  Basically it was the same thing that the bus did to me.  No one ever checks mirrors in this country before turning. I managed to not get hurt, but man was I irritated.  TWICE this week!  The other funny part of the day was trying to hold strong to my diet at the birthday party.  In the end, I fell and enjoyed some cake.  It was a little bit of a waste of time, but it was a good support for this member, and also only the 3rd birthday party I have been to on my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment