Wednesday, April 20, 2016

More of the same

March 16, 2016
    Today was pretty chill.  This morning I finished the Old Testament for the second time on my mission.  This marked the completion of my goal to read all of the approved missionary literature and canonic works twice each while on my mission.  After that, we had to go to meet up with our companions, but we decided to go on the bikes.  We crossed about half of our mission in a little over an 30 minutes and it was a blast.  The rest of the p-day was super relaxed.  Studies, sleep, exercise. We did get to try out a new internet cafe and it was a thousand time faster than what we are used to.  We are going there from now on.
Miracle #585: On our way to our meeting point, nothing happened to us.  We even passed 2 busses which were our other options for getting to the meeting.
    The funny part of the day was leaving with a member in our ward and hearing a ton of her stories about fiascos in the church in this area.  Other than that, I just made a ton of phone calls to set up stuff for this week.
March 17, 2016
    Today was a decent day.  We had a service in the morning that completely fell through.  When we got back to the house, I tuned up the bikes and we had a comp study.  During the comp study I tried to give some advice to my companion and he would not listen to a word I said. 
Miracle #586: While contacting this afternoon, we found 2 great people.  One was less active and one who might take missionary lessons.  In fact the one future investigator accepted the baptismal invitation in the contact.
    The funny part of the day was organizing our skit for the ward talent show. We are going to reenact a bunch of funny way that people reject missionaries.  Also I am not sure why I found it to be funny, but we were turning off all of the lights in the chapel and I turned off the girl’s bathroom lights without knowing that someone was still in there.  Hermana Silva gave a squeak that made me laugh. (of course I turned them right back on.)
March 18, 2016
    I’m so tired.  I don’t know why, but I had no energy today. This morning we did weekly planning, which is always not fun. I wish this change didn’t have an extra week in it.  Today we had lunch with my favorite grumpy Chilean.  She sent us home with food, so that turned out better than I thought it would. Usually she gives us very little food, but this time I got to eat my companion’s because he does not like fish.  After lunch, we had tons of time, so my comp wanted to take a 30 minute nap.  So I set the alarm for 30 minutes. At the 25 minute mark I thought that I would lay down for a few minutes too and then get up when he did.  Unfortunately, my comp turned off the alarm and slept for another 30 minutes.  I felt awful…never again!
Miracle #587: We found a man to leave with us to visit a family of all women with literally only one hour to go before the appointment.
    The funny part of the day was probably the crazy weather here. Yesterday it was around 50-60 degrees here and then this morning it was even colder.  But today, we were in the mid 80’s!  I have the hope that I will have more energy after finishing this dang training. 
March 19, 2016
    Today was one enormous waste of time.  This morning we had a rehearsal for the talent show tonight, but it was awful because other than my companion and I, no one else even tried to act.  It reminded me of working with scouts.  We ate lunch at home with overcooked noodles and sauce and then went to work.
Miracle #588:  Well shoot. Today just sucked. I guess that the activity turned out to be a success even if our skit was terrible.
    There were several funny parts of today all of them having to do with the talent show.  First of all it was scheduled to start at 6:00…so naturally it started at 7:15 (Chilean style). Almost all of the acts were hilariously simple and silly.  Honestly the activity made me a little bit trunk because it made me miss my gringo ward where lots of people show up on time and care about the activity.  I think that when I get home, even when an activity may be considered lame, I will go and support the ward.  

Random View of the Andes, and the pollution.
 March 20, 2016
    My companion is leading today, but he is done trying so that meant that we were extremely late getting out of all of our appointments.  I was too tired to care very much.  I have become more loving, kinder, and even more patient, and yet my companion hates me more and more every day. 
Miracle #589: The Rodriguez family invited us for a BBQ on Sunday the very last day of the change.
    The best part of the day was skipping Sunday School to visit a less active young man in the ward who every one picks on for some reason.  I felt a lot of spiritual impression as we shared with him and we had a very nice visit.  This is one of the few times that I have felt the gift of discernment while on my mission.
March 21, 2016
    Well today was another frustrating day.  The morning we were trying to figure out how to work better during this final week.  I started asking questions about why my comp doesn’t want to talk to me and eventually with a little coaxing, he told me, “Elder, i just don’t like you at all.”  Well I have to admit that really hurt me badly.  I decided to call the DLs and do an division today instead of tomorrow.
Miracle #590: We has a good work day with division and I was able to talk to some people.
    There were two funny parts of today.  One was when we were visiting a brand new person and her gate was so hard to close that she needed help closing it from the inside.  I had to help her close it from the inside and then jump the fence.  Everything was fine until my shoelace got caught on the fence as I jumped and I almost ate it.  The other funny part of the day was when a member of our ward refused to do contacts with us.  
March 22, 2016
    Today was another bad day.  We got back from divisions and my companion was late (he forgot that we had an appointment). We ate a quick lunch in the house which gave us time to talk.  Our DL suggested a companionship fast and trip to the temple.  After a little conversation, my companion went to the bathroom and I laid down for a minute because my stomach hurt.  I was asleep when he came back and instead of waking me up to go, he laid down in the other room without setting a timer.  Fortunately I woke up after a few minutes, but thought that he was still in the bathroom.  Long story short, we wasted over an hour while he slept in the other room.
Miracle #591: We got special permission to go to the temple tomorrow.
    There was really no fun part of today. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment