Monday, November 24, 2014

Divisions, Explosions, and Gangsters.... OH MY


November 12, 2014
         Our miracle happened the very first thing out of the house while getting on our first bus. 
Miracle #51: We met a woman who really wanted to hear our message and asked us to come to her house…too bad she lives out of our area, but we will pass her information on to the Elders who are in her area.
         Other than that we went to a couple of museums today for p-day.  P-days here are fun, but it is sometimes hard to go to work after having fun.  However, I was in an especially good mood today and talked with just about everyone I met. 

November 13, 2014
         Today I had division with Elder Faber and it was pretty interesting.  Every missionary is so different and it is refreshing to change things up a bit and learn from other teaching styles. I have been very fortunate to be able to go on so many splits early on in my mission. I think that it is helping me to learn a lot more quickly than if I weren’t able to do splits.  Our miracle happened once again with the familia V.
Miracle #52: The whole family participated in the lesson today and asked us to come back on Saturday for the 4th visit this week.
         The weird/creepy thing for the day happened when we ran into a man who thought he was Jesus and he was going around casting out devils.
I am pretty sure that Mom will hate this picture!
November 14, 2014
         Today was one of those blah days.  I have a huge blister on the bottom of my foot and it feels like I am walking on legos all day long. It was a way hard day because I was just kind of out of it, but we had a little miracle happen.
Miracle #53: A less active member’s daughter participated in a lesson of ours. 
November 14, 2014
         Today was a good day.  This morning Elder S. stumped some Bible bashers with a scripture.  We had our miracle in the lesson with the family V again. 
Miracle #54: Hermana F (la madre) accepted a date for her baptism and actually wants to move it up if possible.  We were so happy for her!
         The other fun part of the day was seeing a gunshot across the street from where we were teaching.  We saw the gun barrel and the muzzle flash and everything.  Elder S. go so freaked out.  I just laughed because now I have had another rare life experience that I lived through!
November 16, 2014
         Today was a decent Sunday.  We had a good day with a powerful miracle. 
Miracle #55: We got an Elder’s quorum President called today! This will really help the missionary efforts here in the ward.
         I am pretty sure that parents here in Chile are raising a generation of diabetics.  Kids here start drinking coke/any soda, when they are less than 2 years old. They actually put it in their baby bottles. 
November 17, 2013
         I had divisions today and I worked with a Latin Elder.  It was GREAT!  I love speaking only Spanish! It is so fun. We pretty much just knocked on doors for a couple of hours and visited people to see if we could teach them.  I had a good time with Elder Cascante and was surprised with how well I understood him until about 9:30 at night when the Spanish part of my brain just completely shut off.  It is super lame.  The other elder’s house is really big and fairly nice, but they don’t take care of it so it is pretty ghetto.  The miracle of the day was during contacting:
Miracle #56: We were invited in by an inactive member that we have never met and we were able to teach him a good lesson.
         We found out later that he really doesn’t ever do anything that he says he will, but still we were able to teach someone something!
         I stayed in the other Elder’s house for the night and met a lot of missionaries that I really liked and got along with. It was a good time, and I learned a lot on this division.
November 18, 2014
         This morning I almost died.  So don’t freak out Mom, I’m going to tell you this story and if you freak out, I won’t tell you any more good stories. To explain a little, in order to heat the water here they use gas and something called a califont.  It has to be lit before you shower, but in this house it is really old and spews a lot of gas.  When I went to light it, I guess that I turned up the gas too much and when I struck the match into the califont to light it, I created a huge fireball and lost the hair on my arm in the process.  It was kindof funny, but also scary!
Miracle #57: I did not get seriously hurt in a fireball today. AND
We were safe while walking down the street past some serious gangsters brandishing assault rifles.  Chilling!


No comments:

Post a Comment