Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Another GREAT week!

I forgot to take pictures of my journal this week...sorry Mom.  I  think the time is starting to just fly by here! It's really a lot better now that I can understand and speak a little Spanish.  Other than a rough night with two latin missionaries who talked about girls for an hour, it is all good.

Enjoy pictures from today's beautiful fun p-day at the zoo! When I was little my Mom tried to get all of us to learn Spanish and we spent a fair amount of time with computer programs, tapes, and CD's with songs and games in Spanish.  I clearly remember one tape with a song entitled "Momma's taking us to the Zoo tomorrow." The song taught us all the names of the zoo animals with and the animal sounds they made. I did restrain from making animal noises, but I was a pro at the names!

It has been ages since I have been to a zoo, and I loved it. I think that this zoo has a thing for collecting albino animals as you will see. 
The exhibits were all really natural and beautiful. 

My Mom's favorite animal!
We have these in my backyard at home

some sort of large South American rodent?
(A week later...)
November 26, 2014
         We had fun today! It was a free and very chill p-day. I don’t know how other missionaries always run out of money before the end of the month.  I have around ¼ of my funds left each month and I don’t feel like I am being overly conservative.  Other people just have no clue how to manage money. My favorite part of p-day, and reliably the best part of the week, is getting in touch with my family.  Other than that, we spent the rest of the day contacting. The miracle of the day was when Elder S. sent his package and we got stuck at the post office for over an hour.
Miracle #65: I held an hour long conversation with a Chilean woman and understood 100% of the conversation.  It was so nice!
November 27, 2014
         I am loving having the Insanity workout to help me with my excess energy.  On the days that I workout, I am much calmer and happier. The only gross thing is that I sometimes have to stop because the floor gets slippery from all the sweat.
Today I was on divisions with the zone leaders and it was pretty decent.  The miracle of the day was when in the lesson with M. we taught the law of tithing.
Miracle #66: Maria said that she would pay her tithe after her baptism.
         The funny moment of the day was when we were painting with the V. family and I swear those children painted me with more paint that the palets that we were painting.
November 28, 2014
         We had a pretty fun day today! I started by hurting every single muscle in my body with my workout, and then doing service.  I love it when service is physical and hard.  The miracle of the day was only for me I think.
Miracle #67: For he third time on my mission we knocked on a random door and were let in to teach an actual lesson to a nonmember.
         We ended up having some really great contacts in the end of the day and it was actually entertaining.  Usually contacting is a drag, but it was fun today!
November 29, 2014
         Today Elder S. got sick and I had a miracle.  They actually go hand in hand.
Miracle  #68: Elder S had to be in bed for most of the day so I got to sleep for 2 hours!!!! When I woke up, it was the first time in my mission where I haven’t  been tired.
         I did get to go on divisions with Elder Kimball and teach a little bit
But all it all it was a boring but dang good day.
November 30, 2014
         I ate so much food today!  It started with pollo (chicken) and all-you-can-eat french fries at lunch. Then we had a cita and they gave us a bunch of sopapillas, and after that we had dinner with our favorite investigator who fed us even more delicious food then gave us an entire pie! I am pretty sure that I just undid a whole week of insanity.  The miracle of the day was thanks to Elder S. 
Miracle #69: Elder S. decided to go by a less active members house and it turned out that she had been having a really hard time because her grandmother is dying. We were able to give her comfort when she needed it most.
         The funny/creepy thing of the day was when one of the sisters in the ward decided to breast feed in the middle of sacrament meeting and ummm culturally there just isn’t any need for modesty.  Then she did it again in class and let me tell you that I am not yet accustomed to this custom.  I know that Parker warned me, but nothing prepares you for that.
December 1, 2014
         Nothing too much happened today.  Just did divisions and contacted a ton without any results.  Kind of a lame day.
Miracle #70: Our appointment with the evil seminary teacher fell through and I didn’t have to deal with that drama.
         I am really starting to love Spanish.  It is tough some days but I like it a lot.  I especially love to study Spanish and learn unusual vocabulary and phrases.  I also love to practice which I think helps me to learn quickly. 
December 2, 2014
Today was so good!  It is incredible to have super sucky days like yeaterday followed by stellar days like today.  Today was just full of miracles like the fact that we taught 6 lessons in one day!  Our really surprising miracle was when a man came up to us and said “Hola Elderes”, which is actually very normal BUT:
Miracle #71: We stopped to talk to him, he turns out to be a member, but his mother is not and he wanted to set up an appointment for us to teach her!
         The other amazing thing today was our lesson with I. about the word of wisdom.  He was basically testifying of what we taught.  That alone was great but then at the end of the lesson he gave us a bunch of references without us even asking!
December 3, 2014
         Today was busy and fun!  We went to Chile’s biggest zoo today and I  had a great time.  Our miracle had to do with the marine show:


Miracle #72: We had been given the show time of 1:30 but we all decided at noon that we couldn’t stay that long.  Then we got a call telling us that we could change to 12:30 and it was totally worth it!
         We somehow got in to teach at 2 houses that we have never been able to teach at before.  It was great. This week is my “test” week because I am the leader in the companionship.  It is just what they do in the last week of training.  It is crazy to think that I will be finished with training and in a new area with a new companion next week.  Anyway, the week is going fine so far.  The funny moment of the day happened when Elder S (who is very tall) smacked his face into an overhead sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment