Saturday, July 18, 2015

Elder Furner to the rescue!


July 7, 2015,
This was a good day overall.  We had 2 divisions in the same day.  The first one was a funny one where we went around with the recently released relief society president and NOT ONE PERSON accepted us.  It was pretty hard core rejection….good times.
Miracle #286: On the other division of the day, we taught  a woman a lesson who we met the day before on contacts, and it went really well!
It's chilly in Chile.
July 8, 2015

         Today was a cruddy p-day.  In the morning we went to a zone activity that I really didn’t want to go to because they played soccer for 4 hours and ate a bunch of junk food.  I ended up doing an insanity workout with an old mission friend, Elder Jaeger so it turned out to be a little bit fun.  I went to the activity because my comp. wanted to go and I really didn’t want him to throw a fit, lose all motivation, and then blame it on me.
Miracle #287: The other elders each have a member of their companionship who is sick, so they needed help with their appointments which meant divisions for me!!!
         During the divisions, Elder Valle tried to give me some tips to use with my comp which kindof helped.  The worst part of the day was the scathing letter that I got from the president. The gist of it is that I am a terrible, angry, out of control missionary and I will be miserable my whole life if I do not change.  Yeah, it was a really motivational letter.  So I have been torn apart my all of my leaders while they believe anything that my lazy, unethical, disobedient companion tells them.  I need a change.
July 9, 2015
         Today was even worse than yesterday.  I don’t know what to do because everything that I have done so far has been wrong according to my leaders.  My comp. doesn’t want to do anything and I am sick of trying to do everything.  I get in trouble for not somehow getting him to do his part, and I also get in trouble if the work is not done.  It is a no win situation.  He is worse than a brand spanking new missionary.  He fell asleep AGAIN this morning because “his head hurt” and he ignored me when I wanted to do weekly planning, so I had to do it on my own again.  Then he magically recovered from his headache just in time to go to lunch.  BUT today something good did happen, I just stopped caring.  I know that it is awful, but I just gave up trying to think of ways that I could change to make this companionship work.  He ended up just sitting around the house while  I planned lessons and studied.  We did have one lesson today and a miracle.
Miracle  #288: In the one lesson that we had today, our investigators accepted a baptismal challenge and set a date for August 2nd!
         The funny part of the day was nothing. Right now I am hating my life and I don’t know how to fix it.  I can’t figure out how to love my lying, lazy companion and according to my president, I am screwed for the rest of my life. I am feeling pretty much like a loser missionary going nowhere.
July 10, 2015
         Today was slightly better than yesterday. I told Elder R. that we were going to work today and that he was going to lead.  That ended up meaning that we basically walked around all day long doing nothing in particular.  I tried to talk to him all day, but he really is not interested in talking. 
Miracle #289: We actually still found a couple of interested people in our random wanderings today who my companion actually spoke to.
         The funny part of the day was leaving my comp out to dry in both the lesson that we taught.  I just stopped talking and it was pretty darn rough and awkward….but he needs to do SOMETHING.  The other thing that happened today was that we got to attend the funeral of Elder Boyd K. Packer.  That was a great blessing to me because it helped me to feel the spirit.
July 11, 2015
         Today wasn’t a good day, and not because I didn’t try.  We started with a good lesson with a less active member who has had some drug abuse issues in the past.  I really feel for this member and I have such a strong desire to try to help him.  When we came home, we found that the crazy member of the ward had come into our room and DESTROYED it.  I have had it…I can’t stand it anymore.  I just lost is and was so ticked off. I am sure that the president will hear about my temper again, but to be fair…why should we have to put up with this crap?  If I don’t clean all this mess up, my leaders will get after me again.
Miracle #290: A neighbor who lives in front of us, knocked on our door wanting to learn about the path of God.  He was only a little drunk so we will see what happens when he is sober.
         Today I once again handed the reins over to my comp.  At 8:00 we ran out of things to do and he just wanted to go back to the house.  I advised against it, but we did want he wanted anyway. Thankfully, changes were announced tonight and Elder R. was indeed promoted but he will be leaving our sector which is being shut down.  I get to stay here in the sector that will absorb my old sector and my new comp will be Elder Furner.  I did indeed get demoted to junior comp., but I don’t care because Elder F. is the best and we are going to have a blast while working hard.
July 12, 2015
         Today was an interesting day.  It was mostly filled with goodbyes to members of our ward. At church, my comps said his little talk/testimony to say goodbye to the ward.  After church we changed all of our appointments so that he could say goodbye to people. It was honestly just him hanging out with members, I mean seriously it was a lot of doing nothing productive. To make it even harder, it poured down rain all day long. 
Miracle #291: My “boots” which all the other elders said would get water in them, ended up working just fine.
         The funniest part of the day was when a less active member decided that he wanted to dance.  So he turned on his disco ball and started blasting music.  The other funny part of the day was Elder Valle splashing through puddles with his waterproof pants and rain boots.  He just sloshes through shin deep rivers in the middle of the street and thinks that it is pretty fun.
July 13, 2015
         11 month anniversary in the mish.  I am WAY TIRED! Like exhausted.  How am I every going to do another 13 months? Today was good though.  This morning, before our district meeting, we had a cita with R., the drug addict.  It was a great lesson and I can see that he is really improving and changing.  I really hope the best for him.  After that we went to the lamest district meeting of all time.  We did a few lame practices and then he had to leave so we just messed around in the chapel waiting for everyone else to finish so that we could take a zone picture.
Miracle #292: Elder Furner and I were able to plan everything for the week in an hour.  This almost never happens when you are in the beginning of a change because you are usually so busy.
         The funny part of the day was just joking around with Elder Furner.  We did some divisions while our comps said goodbye to more people and I learned that I am going to have a GREAT 6 weeks working with my new companion.  We are going to get a lot done and I know that I will be a lot happier.
July 14, 2015
         It was an awesome day!  The morning was a little bit hard for me personally because when we went to changes I was told that I would be the junior comp.  This just reinforced to me that the president has no trust in me as a missionary.  Yeah….well I am just gonna forget about trying to play the game and just do my job no matter where I get stuck.  Other than that blow to what is left of my ego, today was great.  Moving rooms really sucked, but wrking with Elder Furner was awesome.  We had a super busy day trying to get to the people in both of our sectors.  We were able to make appointments for later this week to fill our planner.  The only ting that we didn’t really do today in the work was contact….but we were busy, so I didn’t mind too much.
Miracle #294: Today we had another lesson with M. the miracle from last Tuesday.  It was a great lesson and we have lots of hope for her.
         The funny part of the day was when we visited this ANCIENT old man who is not all there, but who needs company.  We just made up stories to tell him and he enjoyed it. It was the first time in 6 weeks where I have felt happy almost the whole day.  Despite being demoted to junior, I am super happy with this change. 


No comments:

Post a Comment