Tuesday, September 2, 2014

More CCM


August 25, 2014

            I decided to write the elder that I lost my temper with an apology.  I felt really badly for losing my temper.  Well he hasn’t said a word to me since….maybe that is a good thing because at least he is not being sarcastic and rude anymore. As our district leader, I expected he would be more loving and forgiving.

Look Ma, I made my bed and cleaned up my area.
August 26, 2014

            Today was a much better p-day. I was able to write little notes to different people and then take pictures of them  and then email the pictures to them.  It saves a bunch of time on the computer. I really enjoyed it.  It feels oddly good to receive emails from home.  I hope that when I am in the field, I can have P-day on the same day as Taylor and Garrison so that I can keep in touch at least a little bit. 

            I am also really hoping and praying that I will be able to touch people’s lives.  We had a good fireside today and for the first time in a while I felt at peace.  Afterwards I bore my testimony to the district and it was good. 

My favorite teacher, Hermano Martinez.  We only had him for 3 days.
August 27, 2014

            Today we had such a good lesson! We literally taught nothing that we planned. Our “new” investigator agreed to be baptized after the lesson about the priesthood and prophets.

            Side note: It is hard for me to live with guys who would rather play ping-pong than exercise.  I have so much pent up energy that I can’t get rid of.  Unfortunately I have gained weight just sitting around.  I am going to have to cut back on the intake because there is nothing that I can do about the output.

            I have no idea how I am going to get all the stuff that they are giving us down to Chile without going overweight on my bags. 

August 28, 2014

            Today gave me an idea of how hard the rest of the CCM is going to be.  As Taylor would say, “I need ME time.” (But then again for the next two years it is the Lord's time.)  I want to be productive all the time and half of the time, our activities do absolutely nothing for our progression.  During those hours, when there is a LOT of messing around, I wish that I could work out or practice the piano.  I hope to get over the hump.  Much of the time that we spent is not open for discussion…we do what we are told. So today I played soccer, against my better judgement.  It was in a cage on concrete ground, I don’t need to tell you anymore about how well that worked…  I am okay Mom, but you were 100% correct and I won’t be doing that again if I can help it.

August 29, 2014

            Today was so much better than yesterday.  I was able to go to the gym and I blew of all my excess energy so I actually got along better with everyone.  I don’t know why  there are so many cute hermanas in the mission field.  I have caught myself checking them out on more than one occasion and I have to remind myself that I am an elder now. It is VERY difficult when they pair you with a sister missionary to work on something and it is just the two of you…it is unfair!  I haven’t flirted with a girl in a month and it is really hard.  There are times when I have to close my eyes and pray!!   : [

August 30, 2014

            Today was just another day.  I am starting to get bored with the routine.  The days crawl and the time blurs together.  There are times that I almost want to go home just so that I can have stuff to do.  I am not super serious Mom, but the CCM is monotonous. 

            I do like speaking in Spanish, but we are not learning as fast as I thought that we would.  Also, my district is still not speaking in Spanish all of the time like I thought that we would be doing by now. I do enjoy trying to converse with the teachers who are all natives.

            On the bright side, I get to practice piano every other day.  I am accompanying the choir, and accompanying soloist, and I also get to play at the closing devotional – “God be with you til we meet again/He is Risen” medley.  I LOVE playing so much.  We are not aloud to listen to any music at all in the CCM, so playing the piano is my connection to music. 

August 31, 2014

            We listened to a taped address given by Richard G. Scott and I feel really badly about the fact that I could not stay awake.  I played with the choir and it was tough, but I loved it.  I love hearing the music so much.

September 1, 2014

            Uggh, I have a long ways to go to humble myself. I let myself get bothered by the hypocrisy and self righteousness in our little district and zone.  For example, one of our zone leaders will randomly steal nametags because he thinks it is funny, and then he will turn right around and chew out someone (including me) for the most ridiculous things.  I have to learn to control my temper more for sure.  I am working on Uncle Mark’s advice and just trying to keep my head down and my mouth shut.  I am able to pray and get over my issues enough to teach with the Spirit.  My language is improving every day and I wish that I could be more helpful to my companion. He is a pretty good guy.  He is from Idaho and he is a very good listener.  He listens to me even when I am wrong.  You can tell that he doesn’t agree, or that he doesn’t care, but at least he will listen and that is appreciated.  I can definitely learn form him.  I recognize that there are many ways that I am not a good missionary, but I am willing to work on it. I am hoping that I can change to be a better person without losing the sense of my individuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment