Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Just a little LOCO.


September 9, 2014
New Haircuts - CCM style
         I must admit that I was a little disappointed to not be able to connect with any of my family members this p-day.  I sent things for them to read early in the morning and didn’t have any responses by the time that I checked in later that day.  I was also a disappointed to find out that my mission president changed our p-day to Wednesday so that we could experience all the stuff that is normally closed on Mondays.  I think that it is going to be great to do interesting things on Wednesday, but this means that I will never be able to communicate live on email with Garrison and Taylor until they complete their missions.  That is pretty sad to me, but I will just have to get over it. 
         The fireside tonight was a missionary video of Elder Holland and for the first time, he wasn’t so serious/scary to me.  I did not know he was as funny as he is!  My 2 favorite parts were: 1) when he said that everything he cherishes in this life comes from the gospel and 2) the mission is MORE like real/eternal life that “real life” is.  I agree with both of those statements.  Everything I love most (my Savior, my testimony, my family) comes from the gospel and the reason that this is more like real is because this life is the time for us to prepare to meet God which is what we concentrate 100% on while serving a mission.
         I have already developed a great love for the people of Latin America.  I saw a latino playing on the piano that I wanted to practice on.  I went in and tried my best to talk to him.  It worked okay and I just sat quietly and listened to him try his best to play some hymns.  It was a very spiritual experience for me and it made me think that if I try my very hardest to do what I can on my mission, then I will be able to have the spirit with me like this brother had even with such a simple skill and message.



September 10, 2014
         Okay…..the next 12 days here are going to be called “operation hasta el fin”  Things are getting pretty monotonous and I find myself living for gym time. 

Saying goodbye to a district in my zone...I will miss them!
September 11, 2014
         Today I had no issues other than sheer boredom.  Hour after monotonous hour of reviewing and drilling is getting to me, combined with the overwhelming quantity of Gringo-ness, is really getting to me.  I am sad to say goodbye to one of the other districts in our zone.  Elder Bolingbroke is the funniest guy.  We have had some fun times playing volleyball together.  We only got to see them in gym time, which means that I probably won’t get to see them again before Chile!

September 12, 2014
         Today was an off day for espanol y las reglas con tanto. There’s a rule that we can’t spend personal study time in our casas and I understand that is so that people don’t sleep through personal study time.  But let me tell you, plenty of sleep is happening in the classrooms.  I really wish that I could have more space and less people around me all of the time.

September 13, 2014
Uhh---his mother does not approve..fyi
         I must admit that I am hating being cooped up with 11 other people ALL of the time.  It is overwhelming. I practically live for the teaching moments where it is just my companion, the investigator, and me.  I honestly do not know how I am going to get through the last week here.  The other ridiculous thing is that I am ridiculously jealous of the packages that other missionaries are getting.  They have dear elder here (something which my family did not know about until just now) and some people get letters and packages weekly.  The new Hermana just flaunts her many packages and annoys everyone.
Any diversion is a welcome diversion!
Pooring rain in Mexico
September 14, 2014
         Sunday, JOY! Seriously, it is the best day of the week because it is different from the other days.  I talked to our gringo branch president about some of my frustrations and he really helped me.
September 15, 2014
         Today was actually fun.  It was Mexican Independence Day (technically that is tomorrow) and we were able to celebrate wth “Mexican night”. It was awesome.  They had a dance group come in and perform forus and I loved the music and dance.  I took a ton of short little videos for my family to see.  It is interesting how much I appreciate things like this after having been kept from it for so long.        
I think this is a fruit loop pizza??
September 16, 2014
         We get to go to the temple today…just to the visitors center because the actual temple is closed.  Still, I am really looking forward to that break in the routine.  I found out that I will be flying to Chile on the 22nd at 4 pm.  I am not sure how communication will work out, whether or not we will be able to email prior to our departure, or in transit, or when we arrive.  I am just really excited that the count down is less than a week away.
 Mexico City Temple
My District at the templo

No comments:

Post a Comment