Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Some last minute notes before I depart the CCM

I am packed and ready to go, even though I don't leave for another day an a half.  I wanted to make sure to be able to fit everything in without going overweight.  I think that I am barely going to make it if I pack my coat pockets full of books and pamphlets.  YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW EXCITED I AM no joke its absured!!!

I was able to play a piano solo in the departing farewell. I played the same piece that Sawyer played an my farewell, "God Be With You Til We Meet Again/He is Risen"  It went well.  I realized how blessed I have been to have the opportunity to play while in the CCM.  I performed 3 solos and accompanied 3 other times which translates into practice time on the piano which translates into private time away from the crowds of people.  I think that my music saved my sanity.  It made me reflect back on the blessing that my stake president gave me when he blessed me to use my musical gifts as often as possible.

I leave the CCM late Monday afternoon and arrive early in the morning on Tuesday.  I suppose that we are destined to a full day of training after we arrive.  Then I get another p-day on Wednesday.


The LAST full day here at the CCM was overall not a bad day.  I gave a talk in sacrament meeting and I was able to do it without using notes.  It was really cool because at the end, I felt myself saying words in espanol and not even having to think and translate them.  I have felt blessed with the gift of tongues in my speaking, but I need to work even harder!  The think tht I want more than anything else is to see the attributes of Christ become part of who I am.  Since today was Sunday, I don’t really have anything to share others than the chocolate covered ice cream bars are DIVINE here in Mexico.






No comments:

Post a Comment