Monday, June 29, 2015

America Cup and Board/bored games


June 11, 2015
         Today was Elder Farner’s birthday and the beginning of the Copa America in soccer.  Because the copa is in Chile this year, we has to be in the house during the game.  At 7:30 we had to come back and I took advantage of the time to make Elder F. a batch of cinnamon twists.  They turned out a little well done, but they were delicious.  I had a really hard time getting my companion going today so I worked on updating our area book.  I decided that I am really going to try to be a friend to my companion because that it the suggestion that all of my leaders have been giving me.  They say that if I become his friend, that he will then work hard.
Miracle #261: For the first time in my life, I won the board game Risk!  It might have been the shortest game in history. 
         The Risk game was the fun part of the day, but the other fun part was messing with a ferocious pitbull.  It tore apart a stick that I poked through the fence. 
I am the king of the WORLD! (first time ever, probably because I didn't have to compete with my siblings.)
June 12, 2015
         Today we had divisions again and I left the sector again.  Elder Booker, my DL has had my companion before so he helped me understand how to deal with him.  Basically he just advised me to love him and have a lot of patience.  Of course I already knew this, so I was wondering why we needed divisions again.  He then told me that he needed a break from his comp too.  They get along really well, but he explained to me that even though you might have a great companionship, everyone needs a little break now and then.
Miracle #262: After an entire day of just walking, we finally found an incredible person to teach.  It was the very last part of the day.
         The funny/odd part of the day was that we didn’t have a single lesson the entire day. We literally just walked ALL DAY LONG.  This is exactly the same thing that my comp likes to do with his time.  For the first time in a long time, my legs actually hurt.  I am pretty used to walking, and I think that I am very fit.  But today, we easily walked over 20 km.  It was a boring day, but we had a good time chatting while knocking doors.
         On a side note, I learned how to solve the Rubiks cube which seems to be a missionary thing worldwide.  We don’t memorize discussions anymore, but we do memorize the solution to the cube.
June 13, 2015
         Today was another long day.  We contacted pretty much all day long.  Hour after hour of knocking doors and trying to find people got pretty boring.  Typically, I am a good contactor, but not today.  Bays absolutely drag by when your companion is mad at you.  Today, Elder R. got back in bed again and I told him that was a bad idea.  I actually made a great effort to talk to him with love and said, “If you get back in bed you will fall asleep and regret it.”  He just said, “But I am tired.” Then I said, “Elder, we are all tired, but our calling doesn’t permit us to be in bed all day long.”
Sewing the good seed on rocks.

Prepping that soil baby!!! we´re such good missionaries
Sewing seeds on good ground
You can see Levi's punk marine haircut well in this picture.


Now we must work with all diligence so that the seed may take root.  alma 32
Miracle #263: I don’t really have one today. I guess it would be that we were freezing cold so we stopped by a members house to warm up and we were able to teach his less active relatives a lesson.
         Today was the first day in Chile where I’ve really truly been cold.  I have been a little chilly before, but never truly bone cold.  Days like today make me very grateful for the stuff we have in the states like heated cars, houses, businesses, and public restrooms.  Other than that, I am just 100% exhausted, literally, I cannot even think straight.
June 14, 2015
         Today was a boring day.  Even though it was one of the better days as far as the sector goes. I still haven’t figured out how to have a fun conversation with my comp.  I am pretty stuck with what to do.  At church today, I was trying to set up citas with members and divisions and instead of taking initiative and talking to other members, my comp just stood quietly in the corner. 
Miracle #264: For the first time in this sector, we had 3 lessons in 1 day.  Even more interesting is that I previously didn’t know any of these people.
         I can’t really think of a fun part of the day to be honest. I did another calisthenics contact today in the park.  I talked to these guys who were doing calisthenics and did a few tricks for them.  I found out that one of the guys is really interested in our message.  I practically didn’t talk to my companion today….he is just so withdrawn and disinterested in the work.
June 15, 2015
         Today was another soccer game that we had to come home for.  It was between Chile and Mexico.  The lights randomly cut off and we decided to have Elder Valle birthday party in the dark.  So we played Monopoly by flashlight which turned out to be more fun than usual.
A crazy member in our ward likes to destroy the missionaries´ rooms.
He also fights with us.... crazy.
Miracle #265: We discovered a huge problem with my comp today and I manage to keep my cool the whole day, including keeping my mouth shut.
 June 16, 2015
         Sadly, today was the funeral of my friend Mario, from my previous sector.  We got permission to attend his service.  It was the first time in my life I attended a funeral for someone that I was close to.  It made me sad, but it is comforting to know that I have a hope to see him again in the next life.  It really felt like ald times being with Elder White again.  I hope to eventually have another comp who works that hard.  I can’t believe how much I miss him as a companion.  Elder R. just seems to care less and less every day that passes.  I am definitely not helping him be a better missionary.
Miracle #266: I young man that I contacted the second day in this sector is doing really well. Turns out that he has been taught before and he already loves the church.
         Well our zone leader is over on divisions again today and he pretty much chewed me out and told me that I need to be more patient with my companion who now wants to go home.  I am told that I am responsible for his desire to stay in the mission field.  Somehow I have got to figure out how to love this comp.  I also need to figure out how to have the spirit with us when we work…this is next to impossible when half of the companionship doesn’t want to try anymore.
My attempt at continuing to serve and love my companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment