Monday, March 23, 2015

Trying to figure this one out


The amount of bread that i can buy for less than two dollars.
March 11, 2015
         Well…I learned why people struggle with my companion.  He wants to work really hard and a desire to serve the people, but he is extremely serious and has a hard time connecting with people.  I am hoping to learn a LOT from Elder C. and maybe I can help him too.  I have not been feeling well today. I had the stomach flu all through the night last night and have been awake since 5:30 with more vomiting and cramps.
         I have another companion who likes to take extra time on the computer, so it is a good thing that I already figured out how to deal with that problem.
Miracle #170: The vomiting stopped after morning prayers and I have not been sick since.
         The fun part of the day was….unpacking I guess.  It was a pretty chill p-day.
March 12, 2015
         I can’t believe how much I am applying what I learned in my last companionship to this one.  I am finally able to get more “square” and do everything that I can to be an example of an obedient elder. My comp is reading and recommending to members to read a book that we aren’t even allowed to read. I have read a little bit of the book to see what he is recommending, and it is basically just an argument so it doesn’t bring the spirit when you read it. 
Miracle #171: I am in my first ward in Chile that had a bishop and he is super willing to work hard with the missionaries.
         There wasn’t really any fun part of the day, just some other stuff to mention. I ended up siting at the door ready to go for an hour while my comp just did who knows what.  Humm this might be hard.
March 13, 2015
         We contacted ALL day today and it was really great.  The only thing is that my comp really has a hard time at initiating conversation.  He is does not smile, laugh, or seem to enjoy anything about missionary work which makes meeting new people really hard for him.  Also, he freaked out this morning when I asked to have the phone for the day.  We switch off every day and it was my turn to make the calls, but he was not having anything of it.  He thinks that he is the senior, and although I am technically the senior, I would prefer it to me more of a co-leadership situation. I can see that that will not work here.  We haven’t found a way yet to teach well together.  My comp likes to preach deep doctrine, while I prefer to identify on a personal level and verify that the simple concepts are being well understood. But, I do have to say that I am loving this new area and I enjoy the work.
Miracle #172: I haven’t lost my temper at all even though my comp. is pushing my buttons.  Legitimately he tries hard to bring the spirit of contention into our companionship.
         The fun part of the day was just talking to everyone in the street.  I made jokes and sang and laughed all day long while Elder C. just seemed to suffer all day long.
March 14, 2015
         Today was rough.  My companion called me an apostate for believing in science.  Then he told me that I didn’t know ANYTHING about doctrine or the scriptures.  Well, I admit that I let my pride get the best of me and we clashed a bit.  I pulled out my scriptures and showed him a ton of scriptural references to the lesson that we were preparing.  He was forced to eat his words, but I felt badly about how I handled it.  In the end, we worked things out between us.
Miracle #173:  Somehow Elder C. actually had fun contacting today.
         The funniest part of the day was when I was able to make Elder C. bust up laughing.  It was a good time.
March 15, 2015
         Well, I discovered today that the sure fire way to get me really angry is to 100% sincerely call me stupid.  Yeah, this morning, my companion literally said, “You are the dumbest person I have ever met in my life.”  Seriously?  I got pretty irritated and we started to argue.  Another elder stepped in and calmed me down.  Then when I asked my companion for forgiveness for losing my temper, he just said, “No, we aren’t talking and you will never change and you will just keep being an idiot.” ….
         Anywhooo, I had a great time in church getting to know the members. I love this ward already.  I played a musical number in church and it went well.  It was so nice to play a real piano!!!
Miracle #174: I set up like 10 divisions with members for this week.
         I kindof wish today was funnier but it really wasn’t.  I found a pair of aviator glasses on the street, so I popped out the lenses and played with the frames for a while.
March 16, 2015
         Seriously, I have no idea what is up with my companion.  We had ANOTHER confrontation this morning with bad feelings until after lunch.  Then after lunch he was fine and we had an amazing work day.  We contacted like crazy and found a lot of people.
Miracle #174: Elder C. and I figured out a few things and we currently have 0 problems in the current moment.
         The fun part of the day was listening to a crazy old lady talk for an hour about demons and werewolves and witches and stuff.  Oh, and we also contacted a lady who gave us pomegranites.  I haven’t had one for ages and now I remember how much I love them.
March 17, 2015
         Today was a great day.  I had divisions with Elder Johnson today. He is the same elder Johnson from the CCM and he has been really struggling in the mish so far.  His comp really doesn’t want to work and that is so hard on him being a new missionary.  I think that I helped to lift his spirits today and he taught me a lot too. He mostly reminded me of the power of sharing personal experiences about the gospel and the spirit. 
Miracle #175: We contacted a guy who was considering suicide, but after we talked to him, he felt better. We are going to meet with him tomorrow.
         The fun part of the day was practicing a musical number with B. and Elder Johnson.  I had a good time singing and playing the piano.  I just love music and the spirit that it brings to me while I sing and play…it is something really special to me that I have come to greatly appreciate on the mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment