Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A GREAT week...finally


April 3, 2015
          Today was fun! I basically decided I was going to work all day no matter what.  I left in the morning with just my normal shoe and I was limping BADLY and basically it was just basically a really bad idea.  I walked so slowly and suffered a bit while contacting.  After returning to the house I left on divisions with Elder Chavez.  We walked a lot and when the appointment fell through we made arrangements to pick up a boot for my ankle from the mission office.
Miracle #12: The bishop was able to take us to the office to get the boot and not I can walk with not too much trouble at all.
         I had the energy to work until the end of the day, but the funny par of the day was when I took off my boot and sock and saw my foot.  The swelling has actually improved a lot but the whole foot and ankle is horribly bruised.  It looks nasty, but it doesn’t hurt all that badly.  Mom told me that this would happen, so I am not worried about it.
April 4, 2015
         Today was awesome!  This General conference is SO MUCH BETTER that the last one, probably because I can understand what is being said.  I loved this conference so much!  It is motivating me to be a better missionary.
Miracle #193: Elder White motivates me to do all kinds of good things.  We contacted in between meetings and we saw a bunch of real miracles in finding people to teach and visit in the future.
         The funny part of the day was when I asked Elder Chavez what his conference questions were and he said that he wanted to find out if he should get married soon after his mission.  Then the entire first session talked about marriage.  I teased him, “this must be your answer man!”
April 5, 2015
         Today was weird.  I was really tired in general conference but in spite of that, I still learned quite a bit!  The best talk of today was the talk given by Elder Holland about our older brother saving us even when we send him away.  I loved that talk!  I also love the talk given by the Chilean general authority because he talked way too fast and I couldn’t help but think “wow the translators have got to be suffering right now!”  For the rest of the day we ended up contacting and it was quite fun despite the fact that my foot was hurting a bit.
Miracle #194  I was able to walk without my boot today and without pain.  It seems like my ankle is healing very rapidly, much faster than expected.
         The fun part of the day was either practicing my form with Elder Chavez, or getting invited to snort cocaine by one of our street contacts today.  Really, do I look like I snort cocaine?
April 6, 2015
         Today was rough, but only because it was a weird day, not because anything really bad happened.  The best part of the day was during lunch with a family in the ward who is really funny.  They kept threatening to call the mission president and tell him how badly my ankle is injured. I kept reassuring them that I was fine and it was healing just fine.  But it looks so gnarly that anyone who sees it is shocked. I really don’t care if they call the president or not, but I am not planning on bugging him about it.  I like that family a lot because we always laugh and have fun at their house.
Miracle #195: For the first time, I resisted the delicious Chilean bread at lunch…this requires super powers.
         I have a lot of fun with my companion every day. He is a good Southern Utah guy from Beaver.  I can just be myself around him and he doesn’t belittle or demean me.  He just laughs along with me.  I love working with him.
April 7, 2015
         Today was a pretty long day, but it was 90% self-inflicted.  Last night we stayed up late just talking and getting to know each other better.  We are both a little tired today as a result.  There was basically no one home today so even when we contacted, we didn’t find anyone.  We did get to know a few of the members better though.
Miracle # 196:  We dropped by a less-active family and there was ont of their aunts there who is less active and she asked us if we would regularly visit her too.
         There was also just a cool spiritually guided moment today that happened after an appointment fell through and I was thinking about my plan B.  It came to my mind that I should go back to a member’s home that we tried to contact earlier in the day.  Turned out that they had a flood and lost power and we were able to help them out.  It is cool to have those spirit guided moments because they help to remind me that I am in the right place doing the right thing at the right time.
         I am feeling pretty good about how my ankle is healing.  I basically could walk without the boot on and without pain if the swelling was just a little bit less than it is.  My shoe cuts into my fat swollen foot still.  I am planning to buy an athletic ankle brace and transition over to that sometime this week.  I am feeling pretty blessed to have healed so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment