Saturday, June 25, 2016

A Good 10 Days

May 18, 2016
    Today was a fairly decent p-day.  We didn’t have any plans whatsoever, so i went to the mission office to practice piano with the music I got in my package.  I couldn’t even play any of it!  The Prokofiev was 100% impossible even at a slow tempo.  The Debussy is going to be hard, but I know that I should be able to do it.  I don’t know how i am going to ever practice for the audition because our chapel only has a small keyboard.  After that we just really chilled at the house.  I worked out, ate, and took a little nap.  The work day was pretty fun.  First we went to visit J., who went all sensei on me as far as exercises go. Then we went to family home evening with B. and her mom, R.
Miracle # 648: R. ended up loving the family home evening (at first she didn’t.)
    The funny part of the day was when J. gave me a ton of high protein foods like tuna and garbanzo beans. 
May 19, 2016
    Time is so weird.  I really hope that it speeds up.  Today was a good day, but it just dragged on.  This morning we did our weekly planning and due to the tiny number of people we teach, it was probably the fastest planning that I have done in a year.  After that we went to lunch with someone named M.  She is not all there and someone told her at one point that the missionaries need a lot of food.  Every month we dread eating at her house because there is just a ton of bad food that we have to eat.  I convinced her that I am sick, so I didn’t have to eat much, but the other elders had to stuff themselves so full that we all had to go back to the house for them to recover.
Miracle #649: We had 2 lessons planned with future investigators and they both  worked out, including a followup lesson for next week.
    The funny part of the day was probably the dessert from the lunch.  It was peaches with cream on top.  I was prudent enough to try the cream first because it appeared very very expired.  But Elder Diaz was a little less lucky because he just mixed the peaches with the cream and almost made the sister mad because he couldn’t bear to eat it. 
May 20, 2016
     Today was slightly shorter than normal according to my internal clock.  This morning I had some fun doing a few strength tests to see my progress.  I did really well so that made me happy for most of the day.  

We had to hang around the house until lunch because there were workers in the house fixing a few things.  The zone leaders were somewhere else, so it fell to us.  After lunch, I got some advice from Elder Diaz on how to best help my comp.
Miracle #650:  Using Elder Diaz’ advice, I was able to communicate with my comp for most of the day.
    The funny and worrying part of the day is that my comp had to use the bathroom 3 times this afternoon without drinking a drop since noon.  I am genuinely concerned about him because it is just not normal to pee that much.
May 21, 2016
    Today was a decent day, kinda.  In the beginning of the day my comp kept interrupting me during every single one of my contacts. Then we were having a great lesson and he cut me off in the middle of my testimony during the most spiritual part of the lesson.  It was just very strange.
Miracle #651: Over a year and a half ago, my trainer and I contacted a less active member one time.  Then after that, we could never find him again. About a week ago I felt a very strong impression to stop by to try to visit him.  We talked to his wife, who I vaguely remembered.  She told me that he would be home this week.  Well we visited with him today, and as it turns out, he remembered me and told me that I was the last missionary he had spoken to.  He was touched that I remembered him and after listening to our message, he promised to go to church. 
    The funny part of the day was probably buying lunch because the other elders wanted to have chicken tenders and french fries. I decided on sushi, but my comp is so cheap that he wanted to make his own french fries.  We were all done eating and my comp was still preparing his food. It took him about an hour.  I was chill about it, but the other elders were pretty irritated.
May 22, 2016
    Today wasn’t bad at all.  Yesterday’s miracle didn’t show up at church (big surprise.)  Other than that, the day wasn’t bad.  This morning I got to see my little hyperactive friend, Maxi.  He was so happy to see me that he did not pay any attention in church at all.  This sector is doing a complete about face. I work a lot smarter that I used to so I can see more results than I did before.  This is the fastest time that I have picked up a new place and gone to work.
Miracle #652: My companion and I are experiencing more unity every day.  I still get interrupted a lot, but it doesn’t bother me.
    The funny part of our day was talking to one of the members of our ward about his mission which was cut short for health reasons.  He had a really hard mission.  He explained to me how he was in the jungles of Bolivia and they were constantly having to change houses and bail on contacts because the women would literally run around naked.  I just looked at him in shock and said, “are you serious?”  With a straight face he said, “Yeah man, but it was the jungle so it was normal.” 
May 23, 2016
    Today was better.  My companion has progressed a lot.  He is not uncomfortable doing contacts anymore.  Today we had a decent number of people to visit and only a few fell through.  We visited my favorite person in this sector today and had a cool lesson with him.  What I like about talking to him is that he always leaves me with things to think about.  Last time he made me reconsider my attitude towards my exercises and change it a bit.  It was very helpful.
Miracle #653: Through my companions own initiative, we found a super cool new investigator.  I am proud of him.
    The funny part of the day was probably the pain after exercising.  I didn’t think that my arms hurt that bad until my companion lightly punched me in the arm to see if it would hurt.  I was surprised at how much it hurt, so surprised that I think a tear or two slipped out.  This evening we had a study group with our zone leaders where they taught us about how to be more dedicated missionaries and one of the topics was exact obedience.  Ironically, when they brought that topic up it was 30 minutes past curfew. 
May 24, 2016
     Today was a good day with my comp.  The real day started with my last interview with the president.  It was a good interview.  Afterwards we had to go out and get lunch and return to the chapel where the interviews were being held in order to give the lunch to the zone leaders.  The poor guys ended up not being able to eat anything until 5:00 pm.  We got out to work and in the beginning of our day almost all of our plans fell through.
Miracle #654: Today we got a member to go with us to a lesson that is so far away that we would have had to walk for an hour if he wouldn’t have taken us.
    The fun part of the day was when my comp bought 2 little sweet treats that have a free prize inside of them.  Both of them had a sticker for another sweet treats!  I wish that I could eat like that sometimes, but my metabolism just won’t let me get away with that.
    It was also pretty fun chatting with this one member while my comp tutored someone in math. 

My zone leaders are either very spiritual or very sleepy...they have been like this for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment