Sunday, June 19, 2016

A pup named GRINGO

April 20, 2016
    I wish that the zone leaders wouldn’t lie to us.  Today they told us that the zone activity was going to be playing a bunch of different game together so I thought that it would be fun to do something different together.  But, when we got there, it was soccer, AGAIN!  We had to leave a little bit early because of planned lesson, which got us out of soccer.  (The lesson ended up falling through.)
Miracle #620: We taught with a young man in our ward named Roger.  He is a good kid.
    The funny part of the day was probably finding a scripture that says that physical exercise are good for little.  1 Timothy 4:8.  I thought it was funny because I had just finished a workout when I read it. The other funny part of the day was when Dude, the mission dog, started chasing the ball during the soccer game.  People were tripping over him and he got nailed in the face by the ball several times.  But he just kept playing.  It was pretty entertaining to watch.  For the most part it was a pretty pointless p-day.  I shouldn’t have counted, but I did…14 more p-days to go.  The sad part of the day was that V. had to go back in the hospital for her heart. 
April 21, 2016
    Today was quite possibly the most fun division of my entire mission.  I was with Elder Jones from Idaho.  We worked really well together and we ended up getting 6 lessons.  The first lesson was with someone named M. who is a new investigator of ours.  He is very interested in learning more.  After that, we went to do our rounds in the sector out in the boonies.  Th most fun part of that was the fact that Elder Jone’s bike had shocks on the front just like mine so we went on back roads at full speed.  It was exhausting, but very gratifying especially when we passed a car.


Miracle #621: Elder Jone and I taught as if we had been comps. for a long time.  It was the best dynamic I have felt on the mission.
    The funniest part of the day was when we descended from a foot bridge using this 100 foot or longer ramp.  When you come down the ramp, you ave to pass over a little section of grass which has a few trees and then jump onto the road.  We were going about 30 km/hour when Elder Jones got smacked in the face by a tree branch.  It cut up his nose and cheek pretty badly. We joked about it a lot and it was way fun.

April 22, 2016
Today Elder Jones and I woke up early at 5:30 so that we would have enough time to study before workers were supposed to arrive to paint the house.  Elder Jones was way into workouts before his mission so he wanted to do some exercises with me.  I invented a back and chest workout so we went to town.  After ending the divisions, Elder B and I had a missionary correlation meeting and an eternal lunch.  I don’t have a watch (because I left it in the temple), so it was really tough for me to get through the day on time.
Miracle #622: We were able to coordinate a visit with the sisters to visit a family that I first taught when I got to this sector.  We told the sisters to pass by, but they never did.  The lesson turned out really well.
    The fun part of the day was giving a baptismal interview in a sector that is 10 km away.  It was a 30 minute ride to get there, but when we finished the interview, we only had 10 minutes to get to the lesson mentioned in the miracle of the day. We basically sprinted all the way back and did the ride in about 20 minutes.  We got to the lesson with our faces literally dripping in sweat.
April 23, 2016
    Today was good I guess.  In the morning I cleaned the house for an hour from the mess the painters left.  It still irritates me to clean up after other people.  The area book is way behind because I haven’t done it for a couple of days now.  I wish that stuff like that wouldn’t bother me.
Miracle #623: While it was raining, we had lessons indoors almost all day long!  It stopped raining right when our lessons started to fall through.
    I finally talked to my companion about some of the things that have been bothering me and it went really well.  I realized that I have been with Latin comps. for so long that I have become afraid of discussing problems through with my companions.  I thought that if I talked to my companion, he would get irritated with me and shut down.  That didn’t happen at all and now I feel dumb for not talking to him before. 
April 24, 2016
    Today was a decent end to the work week.  Church was pretty much normal.  this week we talked to more members about leaving with us to do visits so I think that this next week will be better that the last one.  We finally got our goal of having 4 investigator come to church, so that was pretty cool.  The rest of the work day was just unplanned visits and contacts. In the end, we were able to accomplish our goal for the lessons which made me pretty happy.
Miracle #624: The sister missionary sent us to a really good reference who they were teaching in our sector. 
    The funny part of the day was probably during the calls this evening. We talked to the sisters last…mistake.  One of these sisters just talks on forever and we literally could not get her to stop talking.  There were 2 funny parts of the call to me; 1.  they found 8 Haitians in their sector and they all went to church. This is funny to me because all of the Haitians are men and these two sisters happen to be the prettiest in the mission (and one of them is a flirt).  2. The sister, who are sister training leaders, started talking about another companionship of sisters who aren’t in our district. We have no reason (or desire) to hear about what they told us.
April 25, 2016
    Today was frustrating at first but super funny in the end. This morning we did morning contacts while it was like 40 degrees F.  I have lost a lot of resistance to the cold that I used to have.  The frustrating part of the day was setting up division with the zone leaders and they wanted Bushman to go to their sector.  When I told them that I have not left my sector for 2 months, they ignored me and said that I was going to stay.  UGH!  The other frustrating thing was when my comps tire popped, again.  Then started the funny stuff.
Miracle #625: We saved a street puppy. While we were contacting, a little street puppy came up to us and curled up at my feet and immediately won my heart.  It was adorable and I felt badly for the poor little thing.  Elder Johnson put the puppy in his bike helmet making him even cuter.  We decided to try to find him a home. On our very first contact we found a good family who adopted the puppy.  The best part was that they named the puppy “Gringo.”

      The funny part of the day was lunch.  The family had arranged to give us lunch in one of their houses, but they locked themselves out of their house so I was told to jump the fence and try to get in through an upper window, which of course I gladly did. I ended up climbing onto their roof in order to reach the window. 

      The final notable part of the day wasn’t funny.  An investigator gave us some green tea to drink.  When I realized what it was, I politely put is down and taught about the Word of Wisdom.  It worked out well in the end.
April 26, 2016
    Today we got our new bikes!  The day started off with a pretty spiritual district meeting where we taught the entire zone.  It was mostly improvised, but is was way good.  We then went straight to our family home evening lunch that we had planned with some less active members where we cooked sushi.  Not gonna lie, it was pretty tasty.  


After lunch we got a call from the office telling us that they had our new bikes.  WOO HOOOOO!  After 7 months, we got new Treks ( and I will probably be leaving in 2 weeks.) I will enjoy them immensely for the time that I have left!

Miracle #626: We got the new bikes right after finding out that my comps axle broke and he has a broken spoke.
    The funny part of the day was being force to cut a birthday cake for Elder Johnson because I cut the last missionary cake pretty well.  The other fairly funny part of the day was convincing Johnson to work out with me this morning.  I just destroyed him, but the entire time he was making jokes and making me laugh.  


No comments:

Post a Comment