Sunday, June 26, 2016

Lots of Lessons taught and learned


May 25, 2016
    Today was a good p-day.  We went to Santa Lucian bought some souvenir gifts for my family.  I spent a ton of cash on lapiz lazuli, which is a beautiful blue stone that is only found in Chile and Afghanistanl.  I tried to get gifts of things that can only be found in Chile and I think the I did pretty well.  Probably the coolest thing that I bought was for me.  It s a clock of South America made from stone where every country is a different kind of stone…and of course Chile is lapiz lazuli.  That was really the only interesting part of the day.


Miracle #655: We met a guy who had been taught by the missionaries before and during our conversation I felt the impression  that this guy had already received an answer to his prayers.  When I asked him about it, he confirmed that he had.
    The funny part of the day was probably waking everyone up this morning because they wanted to exercise with me.  Everyone is pretty dead from doing the work out.
May 26, 2016
    So today we did divisions with the district leader and I got sent off to their sector.  I was stuck with an elder who was very sick with the flu.  We still went out to work, but he didn’t think he should contact people when he was so sick.  I agreed, so we just walked around and that made it a super long day.  It was pretty fun getting to know Elder Crane though, so it wasn’t an unpleasant day.  After the very last lesson, we went home a little early to help Crane avoid  getting more sick from the cold.
Miracle #656: The house that I am in right now had a bunch of left over workout stuff from other elders.
    The funny part of the day was just how filthy this house is and how much unclaimed crap there is in it.  Tonight I basically went through all the healthy food left in the house and claimed it. 
May 27, 2016
     Today was interesting. The first thing that happened was that a we were meeting back up for the divisions, Elder Crane and I were chewed out for wanting to meet up kind of late.  So we hurried up and got to the meeting point on time. Elder Dowdy and my companion weren’t there so we just started walking to our house thinking that we would meet them somewhere in between. We made it all the way to our house just to find them talking to the Zone Leaders about girls. Okay….whatever. I just have to stay chill and not let that stuff bother me.
Miracle #657: A member in our ward called us to ask us if she could do visits with us.  Luckily, we had a lesson to go to, so she went out with us.
     The funny part of the day was when all of us just crashed after lunch.  I slept for almost 30 minutes and felt so groggy afterwards.  After that we did our weekly planning in which we had a pretty good companionship inventory. 

May 28, 2016
    Today started out with a pretty big waste of time by gong over to another mission house to celebrate someone’s birthday with a breakfast and a group study.  We were there for over 2 hours…ughh. Right after that we went to do what ended up being a very rewarding service project where we cleaned the house for an elderly woman with a deformed right arm.  The house took a lot of work but it was really great to see the improvement afterwards.
Miracle #658:  My comp. made the calls today of his own choosing and we got a lesson from it.  It is great to see how quickly my companion is rewarded for his efforts.
    The most productive part of the day to me was when we stopped back by the house and we stopped to plan one of our lessons.  My companion and I had a little discussion about how to plan well and how we could change to improve our lessons.  In the end we were on the same page and the lesson turned out to be a good one.
May 29, 2016
    Today was super rainy.  This morning we had a ward council that ended up basically just being a ward missionary meeting.  It was fairly productive and a good way to start the Sabbath.  We had 2 investigators show up to church today and miraculously one of them was I. I have really high hopes for him.  I feel like he is one of the reasons that I was sent back here. After church, we went to lunch and the rain started coming down in buckets.  None of us had umbrellas and my shoe aren’t waterproof anymore so we all got soaked to the bone.  Right after lunch we stopped in to see J.  where we admittedly wasted time while it rained.  In the end I learned some important information about his situation that is going to help me to help him progress.
Miracle #659: One of our plans from last nights planning meeting worked out and ended up getting  a new investigator, P.
    The funny part of the day was trying to make small talk to get to know P. He and I would be talking and my comp would come in with something completely off topic and off the wall.  We would laugh uncomfortably and just keep talking when he finished.
May 30, 2016
    Today was a very long day.  In the morning, we did our normal routine and even did a comp study.  Comp study was like pulling teeth.  We spent a long time talking about inspired questions and how we can help people to think and invite the spirit into their hearts.  My comp. is struggling with this concept, but he is trying really hard and has a strong desire to be a better missionary.
Miracle #660:  I felt like we needed to contact a referral that we received and as we approached her door, she arrived  home.  She was eager to set an appointment with us for a lesson tomorrow.
    The funny part of the day was probably our lunch.  First off, the zone leaders got there 40 minutes late which sucked because we wanted to share a little message with the family that we planned.  It didn’t turn out anything like we planned. Oh well.
May 31, 2016
    My companion is interesting.  Sometimes he reminds me of a sweet innocent little kid. He tries so hard to do the right things and he really is a nice person.  He has had a hard life with lots of bullying and isolation (partially self-inflicted), so I really want him to feel accepted.
Miracle #661: I. accepted our invitation to talk to his wife/partner about getting married.  That invitation has been really difficult for him ever since I met him almost 2 years ago.
    The fun part of the day was eating lunch with a member in this ward who reminds me of my brother-in-law, Parker.  He wear the same style of glasses and has the same hipster vibe.  He was excited to show me his collection of vinyls and his record player.  Apart from that, I was pretty glad to have lessons almost all day.  It is nice to see how patient people are with the awkwardness of my companion.  They are very comfortable and accepting of his differences.


No comments:

Post a Comment